Middletown United Methodist Church provides a team-oriented, fast paced workplace. A combination of full and part-time ministers and support staff keep the church operating smoothly. Please submit all resumes to Jennie Pepoon at email@example.com
CHURCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / STAFF ASSISTANT
Position Status: Hourly, Full Time
Reports to: Business Administrator, Senior Pastor, SPRC (Staff-Parish Relations Committee)
Facilitate clerical office functions of the church.
- At all times, be a witness of God’s love by encouraging and making welcome those who call or visit the church.
- Produce worship bulletins for Sunday services, special services, including announcement and calendar inserts. Oversee the production and mailing of monthly newsletter.
- Assist staff and committee chairs with letters, reports, meeting notices and act as clerical support for church staff and volunteers. Maintain a list of church officers and committees.
- Keep and coordinate the church calendars.
- Maintain the facility door security system
- Attend weekly staff meetings (plan occasional devotions and staff luncheons), take minutes, and inform staff of upcoming calendar events and requested dates to avoid calendar conflicts.
- Maintain the altar flower calendar and keep track of requests and payments for altar flowers, poinsettias and lilies.
- Purchase postage, order office supplies and worship bulletins, and assist in the distribution of offering envelopes.
- Administrate and supervise all bulk mailings.
- Manage office files and office supplies and oversee usage of office machines and business equipment and call for needed repairs and supplies.
- Assist in the maintenance of membership records and produce a new membership directory in January of each year.
- Help in the recruiting, training, and supervision of phone receptionists and other office volunteers.
- Assist in the recruiting of volunteers for other ministry areas.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials
- Enter Sunday School attendance weekly into Servant Keeper and print/distribute attendance sheets to Sunday School classes
- Enter weekly contributions into Servant Keeper
- Print and mail the quarterly contribution statements
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of personal contacts
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in office management preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Publisher
- Knowledge of Servant Keeper desired
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of personal contacts
- Ability to work as a team player to assist staff and volunteers as needed
Interested candidates should submit resumes to Jennie Pepoon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for resume submission is January 21, 2020.